I live on Long Island and one of my favorite places is the North Fork. This area is home to many of Long Island's wineries and now's the time to enjoy tasting new vintages. Here's a link to LI's Wine Country.
Forgotten New York
New York City has an incredible history in all facets of life. But sometimes it's the little things that bring back special memories of an era long gone. If you enjoy a little (or a lot) of nostalgia every now and then, Kevin Walsh has put together an incredible site of places in NY 'forgotten' until now. Click here and enjoy.
Singer / Songwriter Jim Dawson has been making music since the seventies. He regularly performs throughout the NYC area. Visit his website here: http://www.jimdawson.com/
Probably best to read this AFTER your feast! But just in case you're curious as to how many calories you're facing this Thanksgiving, here's a quickie Top 10 list:
10. Quarter-cup cranberry sauce: 100 calories
9. One-cup stuffing: 202 calories
8. Four-ounce roasted turkey (dark meat with skin) 206 calories
7. One-cup green bean casserole: 225 calories
6. One piece of homemade pumpkin pie: 316 calories
5. One-cup mashed potatoes with gravy: 342 calories
4. One-cup cornbread dressing: 358 calories
3. One piece of homemade apple pie: 411 calories
2. One piece of homemade pecan pie: 503 calories
1. One-cup sweet potatoes with marshmallows: 587 calories
Stay away from the candy canes until December! Enjoy!