Earlier this week, we heard a statistic about how four out of five women LIE to their boyfriend or husband. Obviously, lying is bad news for a relationship. But here are five other habits that ALSO ruin relationships . . .
1. Criticizing Their Family. If you don't get along with someone's family, it doesn't have to be a dealbreaker. But constantly REMINDING them isn't going to help. Even if THEY think their relatives are crazy, no one likes to hear their family being bad-mouthed.
2. Spying. If you're keeping constant surveillance on their Facebook, Twitter, or email . . . STOP. Obviously it's creepy, but you're also likely to overanalyze things and do more harm than good. Although if you're already at this point, your relationship may already be ruined.
3. Letting Yourself Go. It's bad for your health and overall well-being, and it sends a bad message to your partner . . . like, if you stop caring about yourself, you might have stopped caring about THEM, too.
4. Fighting In Public. It's natural to have the occasional argument, but fights that regularly spill out into the open are embarrassing, and rude to the people around you.
5. Allowing Problems To Fester. On the flip-side, biting your tongue and allowing problems to fester is just as bad fighting every chance you get. Basically, good communication is the most important part of a successful relationship.